Sunday, October 5, 2008

passing cars

Today when we were driving home from Salt Lake City after General Conference ended I was sitting in the back seat of the car and Leica and Kade were up front. So I was just looking out the windows and observing Utah; looking at the fresh snow on the mountains and wondering how I am going to survive the cold; looking at the cars passing by and their inhabitants. At one point, I looked over at the car passing us and there was this (no offense to anyone) big black guy with his family. He caught my eye and smiled real huge. CREEPY. He looked like a nice enough guy, but still that is just weird. At another point on the 45-ish minute drive, I looked over and this guy was passing by in a car with another guy and the one driving was smiling as he passed but as he caught my eye he turned his smiled into an exaggerated frown and looked directly at me. What is with the people passing by in cars in Utah? They are weird, no doubt. Is this some kind of Conference weekend thing that, as a new member, I don't know about? Smile-or-frown-at-people-passing-by-on-I15 weekend or something? Oh boy, oh boy. Interesting car ride.
emchien

1 comment:

Amanda said...

oh my gosh! that happened to me. yesterday when daddy was driving me to the bus station so i could come back to austin we passed by this guy in one of those big open jeeps without a roof or anything and his too little pale blond boys in the back. and the one closest to us looked at me and smiled. he gave me a thumbs up or a peace sign or something and he was just so happy. and he told his little pale white twin brother and they just kept looking at me and smiling. even when they had passed us they would turn around to try and catch my attention. they were pretty cute, but i was so confused as to why they were doing that. weird! :)