Friday, October 24, 2008

"She really will come up here if we don't go down."


Okay, so this is me vomiting out my thoughts on High School Musical 3:Senior Year before they leak from my brain.

So there were two song sequences that I kind of hated because it was Kenny Ortega having way too much fun with all the money he was given to produce the movie. Can I just say that spinning sets are not fun when you are tired at 1 in the morning and just want to see the happy ending? I mean, seriously, did the tree house really have to spin and open up like a rocket ship? Because that was the idea I was getting. Best part of that whole scene: "She really will come up here if we don't go down." (You'll have to see the movie to understand)

Side note: Gabriela wears really cute dresses and those shoes on the roof/rain/waltz scene were gorgeous with a little bit of amazingly high. (Do I sound like a gay man right now obsessing over teenybopper movies to anyone or is it just me?)

I really enjoyed all of the songs this time around, there weren't any that made me want to shoot myself, unless you count the weird breathing patterns/awkward laughs of Vanessa Hudgens--who by the way sat next to my best friend's visiting teacher during sixth grade for two weeks in math class! Speaking of connections (just go with me here) I am going to start a "How many connections does Emily have to High School Musical stars?" Turns out I am going on three here. One is the previously mentioned Vanessa Hudgens co-nec-tion. Two would be that my roommate is friends with the sister-in-law of Jared Murillo who is dating Ashley Tisdale and was also on the dance crew of the first and second movie (don't know about the third). Third would be that I just tonight met a girl who went to high school with Zac Efron. Oh yes, Emily wins a little. Cue cheesy smile. (I tend to have a lot of those)

Back to the movie! (Information is LEAKING from my brain!) I am not going to lie--on second thought maybe I should...oh screw it--I definitely shed a tear when Gabriela said a certain something to Troy on the phone. (Trying not to spoil the glorious movie for anyone who will want to kill me later if I do) But, honestly, I know two unnamed people who were sitting on either side of me wiped away a little something from their eyes about two minutes after said scene...LEICA AND VANESSA. Not that I am trying to take the attention away from me shedding a tear.

This I must say: Jimmy "The Rocket" Zara was the cutest thing since little pumpkins (I like little pumpkins) until you saw the mini Chad and Troy, then my life was definitely complete. Wait, that whole scene for "The Boys Are Back" was priceless. And by priceless I mean that I wanted Corbin and Zac all to myself. Turns out so does Leica because I am pretty sure everyone in the theater heard her say "I want them.....TONIGHT." (Including the little girls in pajamas in the top row)

So, I know this is weird, but forgive me. If anyone reading this knows who Ida Bernstein is then I need to talk to you, because once you have seen this movie there is no way on God's green Earth that you can tell me Gabriela's character is not Ida to a T. A T, ladies and gentlemen. No, really. I know the real life Gabriela Montez. Except she's Mexican and Jewish... Gah, I love that girl. If she ever reads this she is going to think I am the weirdest kid ever. Wait, I think I already am.

Overall, it had its ups and its downs, but I really enjoyed it and I want to go see it again--so I can fill in the gaps in this blog post. Ha, jk. No really, it was good and I like how the lighting, the sound, the shots, it all matured from Disney Channel days. Okay, okay, I loved it. And, because Ryan has to be mentioned with is lovely performance: I love him times seven hundred million.

2 comments:

LEICA said...

i did not cry.
i don't know what you're talking about...

emily said...

oh puh-leez! you so did!